What are the benefits of purchasing impact windows and doors for my home?
Impact windows and doors have many benefits, many of which most people don't realize. Newman Windows and Doors is dedicated to educating the consumer on the real-world benefits of impact windows and doors.
- Impact windows and doors provide protection against top hurricane force winds, pressure and debris without the need for bulky shutters or plywood.
- Impact windows and doors increase your property value.
- Impact windows and doors improve protection against sunlight which fades furniture, paint and also heats your home causing a rise in your energy bill.
- Impact windows and doors qualify for insurance savings.
- Impact windows and doors improve the energy efficiency of your home. Cooling your home will reduce your energy bill by 15%-25% depending on the type of glass you choose.
- Impact windows and doors dramatically reduce outside noise.
- Impact windows and doors can help prevent burglaries. Most break-ins occur through a broken window or door - smashing glass gains them instant access. Impact glass is designed to withstand impact from debris at high speeds giving burglars a near impossible feat. Much like the windshield of your car, if impact glass breaks it does not shatter- it splinters and will not go through to the inside layer. While impact glass is not burglar proof, it does do an outstanding job keeping them at bay.